some advice on casino Craps playing that could save you a lot of
embarrassment and ensure your game is a pleasant experience for both you and
- Make sure you know the rules of the game before you start playing.
Relying on the dealers and other players to give you instructions and
advice isn't fair and disrupts the play.
- Don't put drinks anywhere on the table. There is a shelf
underneath Craps tables specifically for you to store your drink.
Imagine how popular you would be if you where to knock a glass of beer
over a Craps layout during a game.
- Don't lean on the table. Don't sit down at a
casino Craps table
except for some sit down tables, you may find, specifically
designed for it.
- Don't interact with other players but merge and blend in with the
game. Craps players are often superstitious and prefer to be left
to their own game and not distracted.
- Do not criticise, rebuke or comment on any bets made by other
players, even if you know they are unwise or just plain stupid.
- When shooting the dice make sure they hit the back of the table at
the other end. Dealers will often call out "Hit the back wall
please!" Make sure the dice don't knock over any chips that may be
on the layout. Make sure the dice don't fly over the top of the
back rail and off the table.
- Blowing on the dice for good luck can seem pretty gross to other
players who may have to handle them after you.
- Don't lay bets down or throw cash on the table when the shooter is
about to throw. Wait for an appropriate moment, say when the dice
are in the middle of the table.
- Don't call out or yell for numbers that would lose other players
their bets. Betting the Don't Pass Line is okay but remember it
will probably be a losing number for most of the other players.
- It is customary to tip dealers especially if they are helpful.
You could make a bet for them by placing chips on the layout and
announcing "for the House". If you choose their bet for
them place it on the Pass Line or something that offers decent odds.
Alternatively let them choose their own bet.
casino Craps players are a superstitious lot. Respect and
adhere to these superstitions even if you don't believe in them. It
would ruin the other players' enjoyment of the game if you were not to. See
for more details and an explanation..